Friday 27 June 2008

Blog Nation - Liberal Conspiracy Summit

My Green Health Service blog got me an invite to Blog Nation at the Guardian on Wednesday. I must say I felt completely overwhelmed by the high class of bloggers there I recall: Boris Watch, Bloggerheads,the f word, plenty of green bloggers (JimJay, Jim Killock, Sian Berry, Natalie Bennett)

Of the two panels, the one that opened my eyes the most was the feminist panel, I was particularly impressed with Cath Elliot from CIF and Holly from the f word. The discussions on feminism as a core political stance was powerful and too often overlooked by the typical white male blogger. For example, how poverty affects women much more than men. The discussion on comments to women bloggers was useful and I think the conclusion was that the comments are as ascerbic whether you are male or female.

A big thanks to Sunny at Liberal Conspiracy for the invite.

No comments: