Monday 17 December 2012

Cost of the KM to charity

To the Kent Messenger:

Dear Editor,

Your paper is excellent and I read it enthusiastically each week. As an active member of the community, as well as a local politician, the KM is essential reading. I don't even object to Helen Grant having a weekly column as she is supposed to be our MP.

However earlier this year Helen Grant had the cheek to claim the cost of the paper as part of her parliamentary expenses, so as it is Christmas, I wonder whether readers should consider asking her to foot the bill this week.

I will be sending the till receipt to her office this week asking her for 95p, and should I have any luck the money can go straight to a local charity. Perhaps other readers might like to do this too?

Stuart Jeffery
Maidstone Green Party

No comments: